Latest Update: As the strike continues, read the most current guidance for students and faculty and learn more about the contract negotiations. December 01, 2022.

  • Travel During Fall 2022 Semester

    Travel restrictions have been relaxed for the upcoming semester as outlined below.

    Local policies

    For any travel, you must adhere to all local, state, CDC, and WHO guidelines for travel and quarantine–both in the location abroad and upon returning home–and should practice an abundance of caution to mitigate any spread of the pandemic. Given its limited resources, the university cannot provide support or travel assistance for any employee to repatriate to the U.S.


    Following any travel (including personal) during the semester and/or holiday breaks (except for commuting to class from neighboring states), anyone returning to The New School will be required to complete two PCR COVID-19 tests: the first test on the day they arrive in New York City and a second test 3-5 days after that. 

    Vaccination Requirement

    All students, faculty, and staff must be up-to-date with their vaccinations, including a booster as soon as they are eligible (with the exception of those who receive approved medical or religious exemptions). To schedule a vaccination appointment, check your local pharmacy, visit, or call 877-VAX-4NYC (877-829-4692). 

    Isolation and Quarantine

    Up-to-date, vaccinated individuals are not required to quarantine. However, unvaccinated or not up-to-date (not boosted after 14 days of eligibility) individuals–including those with a valid medical or religious exemption–must quarantine for 5 days in addition to completing re-entry testing. Students who receive a positive test result must remain in their room or home and email [email protected] for further instructions.

    Travel Restriction Exemption Requests

    There may be very specific instances for which an exception to these temporary restrictions would be considered. If you believe you have a unique situation that may warrant an exception, you may request a review.

    If you are requesting a travel exemption for a grant-funded project, please also notify the Office of Research Support so they can ensure that the grant sponsor does not have any additional travel restrictions of their own in place. 

  • Contact Us

    Admitted Students & Families

    New & Continuing Students
    [email protected]

    International Student & Scholar Services
    [email protected]

    Student Health Services
    [email protected]

    Academic Advising
    Contact Your Advisor

    Student Support & Advocacy
    [email protected] 

  • Read More

Submit your application


To apply to any of our undergraduate programs (except the Bachelor's Program for Adults and Transfer Students and Parsons Associate of Applied Science programs) complete and submit the Common App online.

Undergraduate Adult Learners

To apply to any of our Bachelor's Program for Adults and Transfer Students and Parsons Associate of Applied Science programs, complete and submit the New School Online Application.


To apply to any of our Master's, Doctoral, Professional Studies Diploma, and Graduate Certificate programs, complete and submit the New School Online Application.