The Multi-Year Appointment review process for 2023-2024 will be open for applications Monday, August 28, 2023 through Friday, October 6, 2023. The Request for Multi-Year Appointment Review Form must be
The Multi-Year Appointment is a six-year appointment for which eligible part-time faculty members may apply. The length of service needed for applicants to qualify begins at the 14th semester or session, and applicants must be in their 13th semester or
any year thereafter to apply for review.
Article XIII, sec. AB (4), of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between The New School and ACT-UAW, Local 7902, outlines the definition of a Multi-Year Appointment for part-time faculty. Applicants must demonstrate a standard of excellence through a
Multi-Year Appointment review process. The review criteria for demonstrated excellence include teaching excellence, professional accomplishments, and service.
All eligible applicants shall provide the following for review according to the timeline:
- Curriculum Vitae (complete and up-to-date);
- examples of scholarly and/or professional productivity such as copies of published papers, conference presentations, documentation of performances, examples or reproductions of artistic work, books, book chapters, and/or references to online resources
- and a personal statement with commentary on performance with regard to:
- Teaching effectiveness
- Standing and contributions in the field or discipline
- University, School and department/program service
- Goals for professional development
More information on the appointment review process is outlined in Article XIII, sec. D. Multi-year Appointment Review Process. More information about the Collective Bargaining Agreement can be found on The New School's Labor Relations webpage.
The Request for Multi-Year Appointment Review Form must be submitted online. Please note that the submission deadline is Friday, October 6, 2023. The review process timeline for applicants is available for download.
Any questions should be directed to [email protected].