Earning an advanced degree can help you achieve your professional and personal goals. The New School's Bachelor's-Master's dual degree program enables students across the university to save time and money by earning graduate credits that apply to both
bachelor's degree and an MA or MS degree at The New School.
- Access graduate courses as an undergraduate student
- Save time (up to 12 to 18 graduate credits, depending on the master's program)
- Save tuition costs (up to $27,360, depending on the master's program)
- No graduate application fee
- No GRE test requirement
There are two kinds of bachelor's-master's dual degree options at The New School - the one you choose depends on your current undergraduate program and the master's program you plan to pursue.
- Sequential Bachelor's-Master's - most dual degree pairings
- Integrated Bachelor's-Master's - only College of Performing Arts undergraduates interested in the MA Arts Management and Entrepreneurship
Most bachelor's-master's pairings at The New School are sequential dual degrees. This means students earn the two degrees at different times - the bachelor's degree is conferred typically at the end of four years, the master's at the end of five years
- Prospective or current undergraduate students at Eugene Lang College or the Bachelor's Program for Adults and Transfer Students
- Completed, or be in the process of completing, 60 credits toward a bachelor's degree
- Minimum GPA of 3.3
- Completed, or be in the process of completing, four undergraduate courses relevant to your desired area of graduate study in which you earned a grade of 3.0 or higher
How to Apply
After you talk with your advisor, complete this application form. Students should select the following application prompts: "New School - Degree Applications" and "Bachelor's Master's."
- Fall Admission - February 10
- Spring Admission - October 15